Salerno

Salerno

martedì 18 luglio 2017

Professor Elena Ferriolo talks about her experience in Salerno.


Professor Elena Ferriolo (John Glenn High School- New York), who was awarded a scholarship for a 2 week Glottodidactic Training Course offered by the Accademia Italiana Salerno in collaboration with AATI - American Association of Teachers of Italian, talks about her experience in Salerno.

“This summer I was awarded a great opportunity to study at Accademia-Italiana- Salerno for two weeks. Through the great generosity of the association between Accademia Italiana-Salerno and AATI (American Association of Teachers of Italian), I was able to immerse myself in the Italian language and culture for two weeks. During the two weeks I learned, explored and of course fell in love with Salerno. 
It was easy to fall in love with the location and of course the program. Accademia-Italiana-Salerno provided excellent accommodations in the heart of Salerno. Their apartments and host family accommodations are excellent.  l'Accademia Italiana-Salerno offers a program that allows you to become fully immersed not only in the language, but also in the culture. The teachers and staff have been so generous to me and to all of their students.



My study at Accademia Italiana-Salerno was spend observing teachers and learning strategies, as well as taking a methodology course with outstanding teachers. I have learned a new style of teaching that I will take back with me to the United States and implement it in my classroom. 
Another amazing part of this program is meeting and becoming friends with students of all ages from all around the world. Everyone who studies at Accademia has a common goal; learning Italian. Students push themselves to speak in Italian with each other to make new friendships and create positive learning experiences. I have met students from Germany, Russia, Austria, the United States as well as Switzerland, China and Canada. There is no greater feeling than the moment you realize that you are speaking to people from all around the world in the same language. 
Finally, I wanted to express my gratitude to Dott.essa Francesca Romana Memoli the Director of Accademia Italiana- Salerno and Dr. Salvatore Banchieri President of AATI (American Association of Teachers of Italian). They have awarded me this great opportunity to study with teachers that I now consider my colleagues. I would recommend this program to anyone who has a passion for learning, traveling and being immersed in the Italian language and culture”. 


Watch her video interview on our Youtube Channel - https://youtu.be/-5hw_jbXAP4

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento